It is our pleasure to invite you to the 4th scientific conference Methodology and Archaeometry which will take place on
1st and 2nd of December 2016
at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of the University of Zagreb
Download: Call for papers MetArh 2016
The scientific conference Methodology and Archaeometry is being organised by the Department of Archaeology, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of the University of Zagreb since 2013. The goal of the conference is to entice interdisciplinarity, critical thinking, new insights and approaches as well as new theoretical frameworks in contemporary archaeological science. Coverage of a wide spectrum of themes and scientific disciplines has resulted in papers and discussions that promote scientific issues in the fields of methodology, documentation and interpretation of archaeological data.
The interdisciplinary character of the conference brings together archaeologists and researchers from other scientific disciplines with whom archaeologists collaborate closely; and who – through their work, projects and ideas – promote new insights about interpretation of the human life in the past.
The main questions this session is aimed to address are:
- 1. How to gather and extract maximum data from the archaeological investigation?
- 2. Which documentation technique is most efficient in interpretation and reconstrucion of the past?
- 3. Non-destructive methods
- 4. Methodology of field surveying
- 5. Database in archaeology
The main questions of this session are:
- 1. Problems in the interpretation of the results of archaeometric analysis
- 2. What kind of methodology is necessary in archaeometric studies?
- 3. Case studies of different archaeological material analysis
Please send the summaries of your oral presentations and posters by the 1st of November 2016 to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstracts should be submitted according to the following structure:
- Author details: full name, organization, address, email
- Title: choose a title that reflects the main message of the abstract
- Keywords: please include 4-6 key words
- Text: should not exceed 300 words
All summaries will be published in the abstract book and available at the web site of the conference.
The official language of the conference is English. There is no registration fee.
This year's conference has been financially supported by the Croatian Archaeological Society and the Department of Archaeology, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of the University of Zagreb.
web izrada: marina