UZRT 2012 Conference
Empirical Research in English Applied Linguistics
FINDING YOUR WAY
well, our long awaited get together is just two days away and we are very excited about welcoming you soon at the conference venue. But before that, here are some final pieces of information:
* For those of you not too familiar with the Zagreb tram system, trams 3, 5 and 13 pass by I. Lucica street and it takes less than five minutes from the tram stop to the Faculty building. We suggest you buy a tram ticket at a kiosk. It costs 12 kunas and is valid for 2 hours, any direction you take
* Registration begins at 8:30 am on Friday and the registration desk will be placed opposite the main entrance to the Faculty building. The conference fee can only be paid in kunas (250 of them :)
* Plenaries will take place in the Faculty library conference hall. Directions: walk to the right from the main entrance till you see a modern glass structure on your left - it is the Faculty library. Enter the library and take a lift or stairs to the second floor. Go straight into the working area and after a few rows of bookshelves you will find yourself in front of a cosy, centrally located conference hall.
* As for the parallel sessions, they will take place in two adjacent rooms, A-122 and A-123, on the first floor of the left wing of the Faculty building, but we'll walk there together, so no need for further instructions. Also, no need to mention that all rooms have a computer and a data projector.
* And last but not least, refreshments will be served in front of A-122 and A-123. It will be a very welcome part of our conference schedule, not only to continue interesting discussions started in the conference rooms, but also to enjoy the green and warm view of our central garden (yes, the weather should be nice and sunny, but check for latest forecast).
Well, this should be all for now. We wish you a safe journey/coming to the conference and professionally enriching and pleasant time spent with your colleagues.
Marta Medved Krajnovic
Jelena Mihaljevic Djigunovic