Department of Archaeology
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
University of Zagreb
Ivana Lučića 3, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
I was born in Split 1973 where I`ve finished elementary and high school. In 1992 I`ve enrolled in Archaeology course at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Zagreb and gained a Bachelor Degree in Archaeology in 1999. Afterwards I worked as a curator at the Archaeological Department of Municipal Museum in Vinkovci from 2001 to 2004.
Since October 1st 2005 I`m employed as Junior Research Assistant on the research project of prof. dr. Aleksandar Durman at the Department of Archaeology of Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Zagreb, at the Chair for Archaeometry and Methodology. I have gained my PhD diploma in February 2012 defending my doctoral thesis Late Vučedol culture in Bosut Valley on the basis of ceramic finds. From March 2012 I`m employed as a Senior Research Assistant at the above mentioned Faculty.
During my student years and later as graduate archaeologist, I`ve participated on numerous systematic and rescue archaeological excavations. Some of them were in Vučedol, Sopot, Šćitarjevo, Varaždinske toplice, Zmajevac, Vinkovci-Meraja, Đakova-Župna crkva, Monkodonja, Gardun, Kaptol-Gradci, Sisak-Sv. Kvirin. I`m the perennial collaborator on the project Roman military camps in Croatia-Tilurij, led by prof. dr. Mirjana Sanader, founded by Ministry of science, education and sports of the Republic of Croatia. Independently and in collaboration with other colleges so far I have published more than 20 scientific articles.
My field of interest and scientific research covers methodology and documentation of archaeological sites. As a member of Faculty`s Archaeologic Department I teach our students all kinds of basic skills needed in archaeological excavations and contribute in their field practise. I am a member of Croatian Archaeological Society and European Association of Archaeologists. I am fluent in English and French and have basic computer skills (MS Office).
- Miloglav, I. Ervenica – dio naselja vučedolske kulture, Opuscula archaeologica 31. Zagreb. 2007 (2008). 27-48.
- Sanader, M., Tončinić, D., Demicheli, D. & Miloglav, I. Gardun (Tilurium). Hrvatski arheološki godišnjak 5 (2008). Zagreb. 2009. 534-537.
- Miloglav, I. & Demicheli, D. Zaštitna arheološka istraživanja na trasi autoceste Zagreb-Sisak, lokalitet Mrkopolje. Obavijesti Hrvatskog arheološkog društva XLI (2). Zagreb. 2009. 75-80.
- Sanader, M., Tončinić, D., Demicheli, D. & Miloglav, I. Gardun (Tilurium). Hrvatski arheološki godišnjak 6 (2009). Zagreb. 2010. 586-588.
- Miloglav, I. & Demicheli, D. Mrkopolje, Hrvatski arheološki godišnjak 6 (2009). Zagreb. 2010. 239-243.
- Miloglav, I. Keramika. in: Uvod u prapovijesnu arheologiju, (ed.) T. Težak-Gregl, Leykam International d.o.o. Zagreb. 2011. 115-134.
- Miloglav, I. Održavanje programa „Digital technologies in cultural landscape research“ na Odsjeku za arheologiju Filozofskog fakulteta u Zagrebu. Obavijesti hrvatskog arheološkog društva XLIII. Zagreb. 2012. 11-13.
- Miloglav, I. Topografija nalazišta vučedolske kulture na vinkovačkom području. Acta MuseiCibalensis 5. Vinkovci. 2012. 69-93.
- Miloglav, I. Organizacija proizvodnje, standardizacija keramičkih proizvoda i specijalizacija zanata unutar vučedolskog društva. Opuscula archaeologica 36. Zagreb. 2012. 27-54.
- Miloglav, I. A model of ceramic production, specialization and standardization of ceramic assemblages on the basis of two sites of the Vučedol culture in eastern Croatia. Anthropologie, International Journal of the Science of Man Brno. 2013 (fortcoming)
- Milogav, I. & Balen J. Analiza lipida u stijenkama keramičkih posuda – metoda, uzorkovanje i interpretacija. Obavijesti hrvatskog arheološkog društva Zagreb. 2013. 9-16.