Archaeological museum in Split
Zrinsko-Frankopanska 25, 21000 Split, Croatia
I was born on June 28th 1969 in Split, Croatia. In 1992 I completed graduate program in Archaeology, at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb, and by defending the thesis entitled Roman fibulae from Salona in Archaeological museum in Split got the Master’s degree from the same University in 1999. From 1993 I have been working in the Archaeological Museum in Split as a curator for the Late Christian Collection of the Museum. Since 2009 I held a position of Museum adviser for late roman provincial archaeology.
I participated in different archaeological fields researches (Klis, Solin, Vis, Vid near Metković, cave sv. Filip i Jakov near Marina, Split-Lora).
I am one of the autors of the permanent display of the Archaeological Museum in Split and one of the authors of the conception of the permanent exhibition in Museum of Narona, and organizer and co-author of several archaeological exhibitions.
I was a chief editor of the Conference proceedings Archaeological Research on the Central Adriatic, Zagreb-Split 2010; editor of the catalogue Odraz Rimljanke, Split 2007; and from 2005 to 2013 a member of the Editorial committee of Vjesnik za arheologiju i povijest dalmatinsku, Journal of Archaeological Museum in Split, Croatia (VAPD 98 – VAPD 106). From 2009 ongoing I am the member of Editorial Committee of the Croatian Archaeological Society Editions.
From 2006 I`m one of the associates on the research project Roman Military Encampments in Croatia (130-0000000-0777); Project leader: dr. sc. Mirjana Sanader; Funding source: Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia. My main responsibility is elaboration of metal objects, mostly roman military equipment, weapons, protective equipment, pieces of military clothing and horse gear, but also objects of everyday use, arts and crafts.
– “Neobjavljeni privjesci rimske konjske orme iz Salone”, Vjesnik za arheologiju i povijest dalmatinsku 102 (2009), 75-91., home research journal/ original scientific paper
– “Neobjavljene fibule iz Aserije u Arheološkom muzeju Split”, Asseria 7 (2009), 81-114., home research journal/original scientific paper
– “Dijelovi vojničke opreme iz Garduna u Arheološkom muzeju u Splitu”, Opuscula archaeologica 34 (2010), 127-144., home research journal/ original scientific paper
– “Antičke fibule iz vojnog logora Tilurij (Gardun)”, in: Arheološka istraživanja u Cetinskoj krajini, A. Librenjak, D. Tončinić (ed.), Zagreb 2011, 69-97., home conference proceedings/ Original scientific paper
– “Roman Military Gear Depicted on Grave Monuments from the Archaeological Museum in Split”, in: Sepulkralna skulptura zapadnog Ilirika i susjednih oblasti u doba Rimskog Carstva, Nenad Cambi (ed.), Split, 2013, 443-479., International conference proceedings/Original scientific paper
– “First-century military gear from Salona”, in: Rimska vojna oprema u pogrebnom kontekstu, Radovi XVII. ROMEC-a / Weapons and military equipment in a funerary context. Proceedings of the XVIIth Roman Military Equipment Conference, M. Sanader; A. Rendić-Miočević; D. Tončinić; I. Radman-Livaja (eds.), Zagreb 2013, 299-316, International conference proceedings, Original scientific paper
– “Project Tilurium-Roman Military Equipment”, in: Rimska vojna oprema u pogrebnom kontekstu. Radovi XVII. ROMEC-a / Weapons and military equipment in a funerary context. Proceedings of the XVIIth Roman Military Equipment Conference, M. Sanader; A. Rendić-Miočević; D. Tončinić; I. Radman-Livaja (eds.), Zagreb 2013, 435-454, International conference proceedings
– D. Tončinić, S. Ivčević, “Das Projekt Tilurium – Waffendarstellungen auf Grabstelen aus Tilurium”, Rimska vojna oprema u pogrebnom kontekstu. Radovi XVII. ROMEC-a / Weapons and military equipment in a funerary context. Proceedings of the XVIIth Roman Military Equipment Conference, M. Sanader; A. Rendić-Miočević; D. Tončinić; I. Radman-Livaja (eds.). Zagreb 2013, 493-516, International conference proceedings